“Bank of Lanzhou Cup” 2017 Lanzhou International Marathon Rules
Chinese Athletics Association(CAA), Gansu Provincial Sports Bureau, Lanzhou Municipal People’s Government
Lanzhou Municipal Sports Bureau
Gansu Provincial TV Station, Gansu Air Service Bureau Branch of Civil Aviation, Gansu Provincial Radio Regulatory Commission, the Publicity Department of Lanzhou Municipal Party Committee of the CPC, the Working Committee of Lanzhou Municipal Party Committee of the CPC, Lanzhou Municipal Civilization Office, Lanzhou Municipal Education Bureau, Lanzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau, Lanzhou Municipal Finance Bureau, Lanzhou Municipal Urban and Rural Construction Bureau, Lanzhou Municipal Urban Management Committee, Lanzhou Municipal Traffic Committee, Lanzhou Municipal Administration of Work Safety, Lanzhou Municipal Commercial Bureau, Lanzhou Municipal Bureau of Economic Cooperation, Lanzhou Municipal Bureau of Culture and Tourism, Lanzhou Municipal Health and Family Planning Committee, Lanzhou Municipal Food and Drug Administration, Lanzhou Municipal Statistic Bureau, Lanzhou Municipal Foreign Affairs Office, Lanzhou Committee of the Communist Youth League, Lanzhou Daily, Lanzhou General Station of Broadcasting and Television, Greening Headquarters of South & North Mountains, Lanzhou Municipal Industrial and Commerce Administration Bureau, Lanzhou Municipal Meteorological Bureau, Lanzhou Chengguan District People’s Government, Lanzhou Qilihe District People’s Government, Lanzhou An’ning District People’s Government, Gansu Power Investment Group, Reception Office of Lanzhou Municipal People’s Government, Lanzhou Municipal Power Supply Bureau, Lanzhou Public Transport Group
IV Operating Department
Beijing Amazing China Sports Management Co., Ltd
Ⅴ Time and Place
11st June, 2017 (Sunday) at Lanzhou, China
VI Race Items
1 Marathon Race (42.195km): Men’s Group , Women’s Group
2 Half Marathon Race (21.0975km): Men’s Group , Women’s Group
3 Mini Marathon Race: 5km Marathon, Male or Female
1. Marathon Race Route: (Starting Point) Gansu International Convention & Exhibition Center (eastward) →Yantan Yellow River Bridge (Crosee the Bridge) →Nanbinhedong Road (westward) → Lanzhou Sports Park → Ping Sha Luo Yan → Zhonshan Iron Bridge (south) → Xiaoxihu Flyover (south) → Nanbinhezhong Road → Qilihe Yellow River Bridge (south) →Yintan Yellow River Bridge(cross the bridge) → Beibinhexi Road (westward) → Gansu Agricultural University → Gansu Provincial Fire Corps (turning point) → Gansu Agricultural University →Yintan Yellow River Bridge (north) → Beibinhexi Road (eastward) →Qilihe Yellow River Bridge (north) → Xiaoxihu Flyover (north) →Zhonshan Iron Bridge (north) →Chengguan Yellow River Bridge (north) → ansu International Convention & Exhibition Center (ending point)
2. Half Marathon Race Route: (Starting Point) Gansu International Convention & Exhibition Center (eastward) →Yantan Yellow River Bridge (Cross the Bridge) →Nanbinhedong Road (westward) →Lanzhou Sports Park →Ping Sha Luo Yan →Zhonshan Iron Bridge (south) →Xiaoxihu Flyover (south) →Qilihe Yellow River Bridge (Cross the Bridge) →Xinxia shuiantiancheng, Anning district (turning point)→Beibinhezhong Road (eastward)→ Beibinhedong Road → Chengguan Yellow River Bridge (ending point)
3. Mini Marathon Race Route: (Starting Point) Gansu International Convention & Exhibition Center (eastward) →Yantan Yellow River Bridge (Cross the Bridge) → Nanbinhedong Road (westward) →Lanzhou Sports Park →Ping Sha Luo Yan → Gansu Provincial Educational Department → North cross road of Jinchangbei Road → in the middle of Jinchangbei Road (ending point)
Ⅷ Race Measures
1. The events are conducted in accordance with the latest Rules and Regulations for Track&Field certified by IAAF international Association of Athletics Federation and 2017 Lanzhou International Marathon Rules.
2. Roll Call
The participants are called roll separately one hour before the race according to the race items. Special invited runners should show passports.
3. Starting Sequence
According to the sequence of specially invited runners, amateur marathon runners (standing by score zone), Half Marathon runners, Mini Marathon runners. There is 20m-distance between each race item phalanx.
4. Closing Time
To ensure a safe and smooth environment for the participants, the closing time is set at each section along the race route during the race period to close the traffic in the limit time. After the closing time, the traffic will be resumed at the corresponding sections. The participants should cease the race and exit from the racing track to avoid danger if they fail to finish corresponding distance in the stipulated closing time, and get on the shelter buses to go to the ending point.
Closing Distance and Time are as follows:
5km Mini Marathon
1 hour and 30 minutes
2 hours and 10 minutes
2 hours and 50 minutes
3 hours and 30 minutes
4 hours and 15 minutes
6 hours and 10 minutes
Specific closing time
5. Timing Method
(1)The Organizing Committee will provide chip timing service to Marathon(42.195km) and Half Marathon (21.0975km) participants.
(2) All the items will start at the same time after issuing an order.
(3) Runners must go through all the timing sensor zones on the ground at starting point, every 5km, turning point, and finishing point along the route. If the result at any timing point is missed before closing time, it can not be ranked..
(4) Chip timing service will not be provided in Mini Marathon.
6. Personal Items Store
The personal items storage of Marathon is set in the south of the exhibition center tent, and half marathon storage is set in the storage car which is behind the assembly area. Participants should store personal belongings according to rules. The valuables (such as mobile phones, valid documentations, cash, back card, keys, palmtops and cameras etc.) should not be put in bags. The storage car of half marathon will leave 15 minutes before the race. Participants should get back personal belongings at the deposit place before 11:30 (Half Marathon), 15:00 (Marathon) on race day. They may take back personal belongings next day at the Organizing Committee if fail to claim on time on race day. However, if participants do not take back personal belongings in three days, the Organizing Committee will dispose them as the unclaimed.
7. Drinking and Watering Places
(1) The drinking places are located about every 5km from the Starting Point. There are watering places located between every two drinking places.
(2) There are food-supply places in 22.5km, 27.5km, 32.5km, 35km, 37.5km.
(3) There are cooling places in about 26km, 28km, 29km, 32km, 34km, 36km, 39km, 41km.
8. For detailed information and arrangements about Marathon, please consult《Guidebook of Athletes’ Registration》distributed along with race articles before the race.
9. According to the the relevant provisions of IAAF and CAA, the doping test is to be given among part of participates.
IX Participation method
1. Age Requirements to the Participants
(1) Marathon participants should be over 20 years old (born in 1997);
(2) Half Marathon participants should be over 16 years old (born in2001);
(3) Mini Marathon has no age limit. Children who are under 15 years old should hold their household registration books and enroll with their parents (at least with one of the parents) and the parents should hold ID cards (passports or military ID).
(4) Notes of enrollment: Participants who are under 18 years old could enroll to participate in the race with holding the disclaimer statement signed by their guardians or legal representatives.
2. Health Requirements
Marathon is an athletic sport of high load and great intensity over long distances. It is also a high risk athletic sport. Thus, it raises high demands on participant physical conditions. Participants should have good health and long-term running or training experiences. Participants may choose competition items among Marathon, Half Marathon, and Mini Marathon according to their own health conditions and capability.
The patients having diseases as below should not participate in the competition.
(1). Patients with congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease.
(2). Patients with hypertension and cerebrovascular disease.
(3). Patients with myocarditis and other heart disease.
(4). Patients with coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia.
(5). Patients with diabetes.
(6). Patients with cold two weeks before the Marathon.
(7). Pregnant women.
(8). Patients with other diseases unfit for sports.
3. Enrollment Procedures
(1). Limitation of participants number: There are about 40,000 runners participating in the event, including 8,000 Marathon runners, 8,000 Half Marathon runners, and 24,000 Mini Marathon runners.
(2). Enrollment of Marathon and Half Marathon
From 10:00am March 22th, 2017 to 17:00pm March 28th 2017, the participants can log in Lanzhou Marathon official website to fill out the registration information and submit (marathon and half marathon do not accept group registration), if there are much more applicants, it will pass the draw to chose the participants. ( Please refer to the "Registration Notice" for the further information).
(3). Enrollment of Mini Marathon
The Mini Marathon began on-site registration from 10:00am March 22th, 2017, and the deadline of registration is 17:00pm March 28th, 2017. If the applications amounts limit, enrollment will be finished in advance of deadline. Please contact the registration areas ( Please refer to the "Registration Notice" for the further information).
Mini Marathon registration is been in charge of Group Section of Lanzhou Municipal Sports Bureau (contact: Zhang Xuan Ning, Tel: 0931-8481265)
(4). Once participation is confirmed, one can not change race items. No refunds of competition fees are returned if one quits the race.
(5). For domestic participants(not including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the second generation ID card is required when register. For military personnel, Military officer certificate or Solider Cards can be used for registration.
4. For foreign elite athletes, their management and registration shall be implemented in line with the Decree of CAA on the Invitation of Foreign Athletes to participate in Marathon Races within the territory of China.
6. Entry Fee
(1). Foreign participants：$ 50 per person
(2).Domestic (Including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions) participants:￥100 per person for marathon, ￥80 per person for Half Marathon, and ￥60 per person for Mini Marathon (Individual or group).
7. Payment ( please refer to the "Registration Notice" for the further information)
8. Requirements for participating in Marathon and Half Marathon
Participants who attend marathons and half marathons must have finished at least half marathon (21.0975 km) before.
(1). Four days before the Marathon, participants need to go to specified place to get items for Marathon such as Bib number, induction timing chip and “Registration Notice” etc. Please refer to “Notice for Marathon items” for further information .
(2). The Organizing Committee shall have the right to disqualify the entry of the participants who do not qualify for the qualification, provide the false entry certificate or have no previous entry experience.
(1) Ranking awards
The top8 male and female’s Marathon can get awards as follows:
Less than 2:09'30''（not including 2:09'30''）
Less than 2:26'00' '(not including 2:26'00''）
More than 2:09'30 '(including 2:09'30')
More than 2:26'00'' (including 2:26'00''）
Less than 2:11'00''（not including 2:11'00''）
Less than 2:27'00''（not including 2:27'00''）
More than 2:11'00'' (including 2:11'00')
More than 2:27'00'' (including 2:27'00')
Less than 2:12'00''（not including 2:12'00''）
Less than 2:28'00''（not including 2:28'00''）
More than 2:12'00'' (including 2:12'00')
More than 2:28'00'' (including 2:28'00')
Note: The male and female’s top 3 are awarded a prize cup, a medal and a set of clothes respectively.
(2) Chinese athletes’ awards
Besides ranking awards, Chinese athletes will be ranked separately. The top8 male and female’s Marathon can get awards as follows:
Note: If Chinese athletes get a number of awards at the same time, rewarding the highest one only.
(3) Record-Breaking awards:
a. Price for breaking the world record: US$100,000 per person (only for the first price)
b. Award for breaking the record of Lanzhou International Marathon: US$ 10,000 (only for the first price).
(4) The participant who completes competition within the stipulated time can get a Commemorative Medal and an event towel, and the Results Certificate can be printed online on official website of Lanzhou International Marathon.
2. Half Marathon
(1). Ranking Award:
Male and Female’s top 20 can get awards as follows:
Note: The Male and Female’s top 3 are awarded a prize cup, a medal and a set of clothes respectively.
The participant who completes competition within the stipulated time obtains the Commemorative Medal and an event towel, the Results and Certificate can be checked and printed at official website.
3. Do not pay awards on site. The list of winners will be announced in the official website for one week, if no doubt, the outside winners’ awards will be sent into the reserved bank card, the local winners’ awards can be sent into the reserved bank card or personal ID card to Finance section of the City Sports Bureau. If there is a doping test problem, the ranking will be canceled. Chinese participants were awarded the equivalent RNB. A 20% personal income tax will be collected in accordance with the Chinese Tax Law.
4. Valid time for receiving awards is within 15 days after the official announcement of the winning list , if its overdue, it will be regarded as an abandoned award. Tel: 0931-8481572.
5. Participants who take part in Marathon, Half marathon, and Mini marathon will be given a memorial T-shirt, bag for clothes, number cloths as well as Guidelines.
6. Mini Marathon will be given a commemorative certificate, participants must fill the game results based on the timer.
XI Medical Aid
1. The Organizing Committee will install one medical aid station every five kilometers along the Marathon route, with apparent signs 50 meters ahead of the station. Ambulances will follow the runners on the route.
2. The Organizing Committee will assign one volunteer every 100 meters along the route to assist medical aid station staff and maintain race order. Runners may seek assistance from them if any problem occurs.
The Organizing Committee buys life accident insurance for all the participants and working staffs.
The Organizing Committee will video-monitor over the starting point, the whole/half route course, turning point and finishing point. If participants violate the following rules, according to circumstances, penalties will be given as fellows: his/her race results will be canceled and will not be allowed to take part in Lanzhou Marathon in one or two years, which will be reported to Chinese Athletic Association for additional penalties. In serious cases, no access to any event for life.
1. Enroll with fake age or identity.
2. One runner carries two or more timing chips in the race. ( Including male runners carry female runners’ chips)
3. Accomplish the game by relay.
4. Disobey the starting sequence and start running at the starting point for other events.
5. Start the race with rules violating.
6. Continue the race instead of stopping and quitting the event after the gate closing time.
7. Take a shortcut, jump into the race from halfway or take any transportation vehicles.
8. Not be able to follow rules to repeat through the end point; Not be able to finish the whole process through the end; Using number cloth in other events or the previous Lanzhou Marathon Race, or not wearing the chip to complete the race and accept prices.
9. Alter or cover number clothes.
10. Refuse to follow instructions of working staff breach the racing order with riotous behavior or fight each other influencing the Race.
11. Uncivilized behavior (such as relieving the bowels, littering, etc.)
12. Perform any other act which violates the regulation.
13. Use false information to obtain entry qualification or transfer number cloth entry, once the Organizing Committee verify it, all the consequences of the race are at your own risk, and the organizing committee will give penalty to both the transferer and the transferee in Lanzhou marathon lifelong suspension;
14. Strict implementation of "rules and regulations management on the strengthening of marathon and related sports events in China" by Chinese Athletics Association.
XIV Technical officer and referee
Appointed by Chinese Athletics Association and competition department of the organizing committee.
XV Contact Details of the Organizing Committee
Add: 195# Qinggyang Road, Chengguan District, Lanzhou, Gansu, 730030, China (Lanzhou Municipal Sports Bureau, Zhongshan Mansion). Website: http://lanzhoumarathon.org; email: email@example.com, Post code: 730030, Telephone: Administration Department, 0931-8440895; Competition Department: 0931- 8481572/8473885; Fax: 0931-8481572; Registration telephone: 18919809778/18919093522 (Please dial number above at the national statutory workday)
XVI Issues uninformed till further notice. The power of interpretation of the rules belongs to Lanzhou International Marathon Organizing Committee.